Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What are you?

What is my white culture?

I am a firm believer that what you achieve, you earn. I believe in education, working hard, and the 'rags to
riches" folklore of my culture. I'm afraid I am best reflected in some of the mass media (does TV best
represent the White culture?). Things that are part of the mainstream are part of me.

I also have a language (English), an expectation of material comfort, financial reward for hard work, and lots
of First World vices (over-eating, too much consumption of fuel and natural resources, technology etc.). Like
the mainstream culture, I believe in God, in the importance of religion, in the importance of democracy and
living an ethical, self-actualized, "free" life.

Jean McPherron
---- Msg sent via @=WebMail - http://webmail.usu.edu/

No comments: